Selan

Selan

Hi! I'm Selan. I love anime, yuri, sci-fi & fantasy, Kirby and 90s JRPGs. Right now I'm trying to expand my collection of books.

MyAnimeList: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/adrian_and_sela

Tumblr: magicalbeankingdom.tumblr.com

LiveJournal: http://adrian-and-sela.livejournal.com/

Okay, so I've read another book but I can't actually find it on BookLikes. (God, Booklikes' search function is awful. You can't find half the books on here at all!)

I guess I could click "Add New Book" but it seems an awful lot of trouble. I'll just do a very brief review though.

My Smoky Bacon Crisp Addiction by J.A. Buckle.

Now I really enjoyed this book. It was hilarious, it was written a bit like Adrian Mole's Diary (in that there are no chapter, just dates). It's basically about a bunch of teenage guys and their lives. It makes a change actually. You know, considering all the thousands of YA books about teenage girls and their lives. This is like the first one I've seen focusing on guys.

I found myself relating to the main character. I don't get that often. Maybe because he keeps talking about Children of Bodom, a melodeath metal band which I absolutely love I mean where was this book when I was a teenager?? I love it!

It's quite diverse, too. One of the main characters is gay. Another has anxiety and is open about how he deals with it (although the main character doesn't know how to deal with it at all). Another has anger issues. Actually, scratch that, there's two gay characters, but they're not gay for the sake of it which is great.

So yeah, I really enjoyed this book. Wish there was a sequel. There were a few slight flaws, like I'm not sure why the main character's sister was jokingly referred to as a "sexual predator" when she doesn't seem like that at all. She hits on maybe two guys and that's it.

Overall I liked the jokes and it was great.