Selan

Selan

Hi! I'm Selan. I love anime, sci-fi & fantasy, Kirby and 90s JRPGs. Right now I'm trying to expand my collection of books.

MyAnimeList: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/adrian_and_sela

LiveJournal: http://adrian-and-sela.livejournal.com/

Reading progress update: I've read 20 out of 384 pages.

Trial by Fire - Josephine Angelini

Okay, I've now read the first chapter.

First impressions: this main character is pretty messed up. She starts the book just vomiting in the toilet.Regardless, the first several pages are about her obsessing over a guy she likes and attending a party with him. Pretty cliche, right? Yeah, I thought so too. It was a bit difficult to read at first but it was doable.

We then get some interesting characterisation about the rest of her family. Oh, by the way her mother is a schizophrenic and on a lot of meds. Apparently Lily is allergic to a lot of stuff and has a ton of medical conditions, but the book is still presented in a high school drama setting nevertheless.

I kinda like it so far. It's a bit generic, but from the blurb I know the book is actually going ot be about witchcraft and magic or something. That'll keep me reading for a bit.

It is a bit irritating about how she obsesses over this boy, though. He isn't written very well and is pretty generic. Plus, he's called Tristan. God. That's just asking for trouble.